Saturday 19 January 2013

Today is Saturday

Shockingly I was in quite a productive mood today. After my pixel shenanigans I turned to working some more in my sketchbook, as well as going back on a couple of pages that were left unfinished.

The views out of the flat's windows are beautiful; the trees with their branches draped with snow. I decided it would be a shame not to do some sketches from the kitchen...





The drawings on the left were done on black paper using metallic silver and gold pencils. I felt that the silver lead brought out the highlights of the snow on the branches more so than a white pencil.

I also tried a different style, using thinly cut black paper rearranged to form extending branches, as seen on the right.


 So, I'm quite happy with how things went today!

Here's to hoping I'll work well tomorrow and the studio will be open next week despite the weather...


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've had a very busy and productive day today. Beautiful tree drawings in various guises and I do love the pix-elated art on you 3! How do your friends feel at being portrayed this way?

    From your ever devoted fan,
    La La x

    ReplyDelete