Thursday 24 January 2013

'Me without giblets'

Long day today!

I was in the wood workshop all day except for a short lecture mid-afternoon. Unfortunately the first hour and a half were wasted due to 'Technoman' insisting on going around each individual in the room to question their motives for the day before allowing them to continue... and my insability to decide what my motives actually were.

I ended up sketching out an enlarged version of the skeleton drawing I did on Tuesday (yes, the one where it's wearing my hat and scarf). I used a large MDF board so I could then use the pyrography tool to outline and add shading.

So that took up the majority of my day...

Below is the finished pyrographied (is that a word??) piece.

Mr Skeleton is currently glued to another (larger) MDF board under 4 weights. Technoman also cut some wood for a frame, and I'll return to the workshop tomorrow afternoon  to put that together.

All that's to do after that is to add the material for the hat and the scarf (hence why the drawing is not complete!). I'll have to do some searching to find the right kind of material, and then I'll find a way to attach said fabric to the board in a way that it's more 3 dimensional instead of completely flat.

Should be good!

(The title is what it is because Technoman suggested so...)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product! I think Technoman chose a great name as I can see the similarities - Ha Ha

    La La x

    ReplyDelete