Tuesday 22 January 2013

Looking good!

The first day of 2013 when we spent an entire day in the studio since it wasn't closed due to snow!

Guess what... I got the skeleton out again.

We've become so aqquainted with each other that we've attempted to slow dance together on numerous occassions (though we haven't yet managed without one of his bony fingers managing to snag on my glove or jumper), and we've even got to the 'clothes-sharing' stage.

I think he looks rather fetching.

I did also manage to get a few digital sketches down of the skeleton too, one shown above. I'm enjoying using the tablet and am trying to use it more often so I can get used to the tools and feel of using the pen. I hope I'm improving.

Apart from that I focused on my lovely accessorised friend and sketched him using the most amazing super-thin waterproof ink pen. It has the control and fineness of a mechanical pencil, with the dark colour of blank ink (since that's what it is) and IT'S WATERPROOF. Hence the addition of watercolour on the items of clothing. Just to make them stand out.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you've found someone you can relate to; so much so, that you let them wear your hat and scarf!

    La La x

    ReplyDelete