Monday 14 January 2013

Leicester Museum


Today is the (very snowy) first day of my Final Major Project. Although I haven't yet written my statement of intent, I will be exploring the theme of 'life' throughout this project.


For research today, Joey and I journeyed over to the Leicester museum to do some initial research sketches and photography.

Firstly I was interested in sketching the dinosaurs - they were living creatures before the time of humanity, and now they are extinct and banished from life.

Skeletons of various animals also took my interest because you cannot think of life without comparing it with its opposition: death - lack of life.
Also, the wildlife section of the museum, full of life-size round-the-world creature exhibits show life today, as living animals.

I know I find it very challenging to fill pages in sketchbooks up quickly. I prefer to spend time adding tone and detail to each drawing, making sure they are as accurate as I can make it. However I need to boost up my quantity of work for this project, so I tried my best to push myself and include a range of quick line drawings among more detailed sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment