Saturday 26 January 2013

Dragon in the Post

My gift for the student in Canada is now finished!

I sketched out the whole dragon a few days ago, then inked it with the 0.3 and 0.05 waterproof pens (love love love). And then this morning I painted it with watercolour!







I loved playing with the colours here, and I hope she likes it since they're her favourite! I briefly looked up pictures of peacocks to look at their overall covering. Since their bodies tend to be the deep blue/purple and their tails the light green with markings, I thought I'd switch it round on my drawing. Since the dragon's scaly skin could somewhat resemble feathers, I thought the lighter colouring would be better suited, and the darker colours for the sharp wings.

Just a few highlights with the gold pen and then my gift was ready to send off to Canada! It's currently in it's envelope with a note to the recipient - I'll make sure to post it later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment