Thursday 28 February 2013

Rachael has neglected her blog!

Sorry, better update with the things I've missed out.

Firstly, a little editing with the photograms I did last week - adding colours as new layers with different blending affects on Photoshop. These were inspired by the work of Dennis J. Wojtkiewicz whose fruit paintings are absolutely mind-boggling.



Plus I've been to a couple of extra life drawing sessions, going back to using traditional paper.


For the ones below, it was only myself and/or two other students in the session so we had more freedom over the poses of the life model.

Here are some quick sketches of the model in a position where she may be holding a snake - it's an idea I'm trying to follow through (thinking about Eve in the garden of Eden), but the posture was difficult to determine and I'll need to gather some reference photographs before I take this further.

This was one pose where I walked around the figure and did various line sketches.

I also requested that the model stood as if holding an apple above her, as if she is taking forbidden fruit from a tree. I made an accurate line sketch and a rougher one to get down the most prominent shading.

Here I developed the sketch a little, combining the shading with the accurate line drawing and adding colour as well as the apple (for which I used a different reference for the hand holding the fruit).

No comments:

Post a Comment