Wednesday 6 February 2013

Life Drawing

Monday = life drawing.

Today was about identifying text within the model, be it using shadows, colouring, skin tone, body form etc. 30 minutes was spent on each drawing, but I spent further time on them when I returned to the studio.

For this first one I used the curves of the body to group together certain areas to use for positioning words. I spent most of the 30 minutes conducting an accurate sketch of the model and highlighting areas to add typography. Back in the studio I added the text, choosing words to represent a certain state of mind.



For the second sketch I tried to directly observe letters within the model. I looked particularly at the shadows cast, and added letters that I felt resembled the body in that area.

Quite an interesting take on life drawing and I actually quite enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment