Monday 11 February 2013

Complete

On Sunday evening I finished the self portrait!

This was pretty tiring at times but fun to do - I really enjoyed messing around with the colours (unfortunately some of the purple in the darker areas of the hair have been lost in the scan, but you get the general idea).

I've had lots of comments about it when I put it up in my bay which is nice. They've all been very supportive and some people asked me how I did it. I'm glad it's had an effect - the whole dark feeling of the picture gained attention for it too; many people identified the subject as me but were confused by the piercings and cold stare. (To those who listen I tell them that the piercings weren't added randomly - they are the same piercings of Lisbeth Salander from the Swedish films, since my look reminded me of her character..)

1 comment:

  1. Scarily you but oh so good!

    You've really captured a mood there and I love the way you have added the piercings to evoke even darker feelings.

    LA LA x

    ReplyDelete