Sunday 10 February 2013

A self-portrait with a difference

It seems that the photos from Wednesday inspired me to draw a little further...
I started to draw a much more detailed portrait on A3, using mainly blues and purples to highlight the hair and skin. (I've also added a few piercings just to give the image more character...)

After sketching the face I painted it in watercolour, using lots of layers to build up a base.

 I then used colour pencils to gradually build up more, using a light skintone pencil to blend together the blues, purples, pinks and light yellow.

I've definitely enjoyed working on this but it's taking a long time and can prove to be frustrating at times - especially the hair!

Can I also say I love seeing the transformation when I add the colour pencils...

No comments:

Post a Comment