Monday 11 February 2013

A variety of work done


Today in life drawing we were concentrating on using colour, comparing 'muted' and 'jarring' tones.

First we spent 20 minutes producing a bold and striking image (what I produced is on the right).

We then spent 30 minutes using less saturated colours for a sitting pose, and I produced the picture on the left.

I'm not very confident with using paint, especially in such a short time frame so I didn't enjoy this session too much. I quite like the colour palette used for the muted painting, and I supposed I like the roughness of it since it isn't something I would usually do. (Though to be honest I much prefer more accurate drawings..)
 
I also spent some time making sketches from a book regarding the religious symbolism behind Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel.

And then I spent the rest of the afternoon in the 'Chamber of Darkness' (ie. the dark room) producing photograms which I will have to collect later on in the week before I can post the results on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment